Even firefox 5 final has been released yesterday, there still a lot of person not updating their Firefox 4 to Firefox 5 yet because of the add-on compatibility issue. There are a lot of Firefox 4 add on detected incompatible with Firefox 5 Final. But is it really incompatible? Not at all! I found that most all of addon which work great on Firefox 4 also work great like a charm on Firefox 5 final after I disable the addon compatibility check features.
How to disable the addon compatibility check on Firefox 5 Final? Simply follow these simple steps below:
1. Type about:config into the address bar then hit Enter
2. Click on “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
3. Right Click on any blank space than select New -> Boolean
4. A new boolean value popup will appear, enter extensions.checkCompatibility.5.0 as the preference name.
5. In the Boolean value, select false and then click on OK button.
Done! Now try to install or enable add-on that not compatible with your Firefox 5 Final. Your addon would work perfectly now. This could be a solution for you who not update your Firefox 4 to Firefox 5 final because addon compatibility issue. Please note that some of super older add-on might make your Firefox 5 crash or have stability issue. But for addon that works on Firefox 4, it should works great like a charm on Firefox 5 Final. So there is no reasons for you to not updating your Mozilla Firefox browser now.
If you found this article useful, Subscribe Our Article to get more tips like this.