Internet surfing is fun, unfortunately, not all people have advanced-speed internet connection. If you feel that your internet connection is a bit slow, there are 9 ways to accelerate your internet connection speed, which have been proven as worth steps.
1. We can accelerate internet connection by forcing Windows to use 100% of our internet bandwidth.
In default, Windows limited only 80% of our internet bandwidth which can be used. The rest 20% is used for QoS traffic such as Windows update, VoIP, etc. By forcing Windows to use 100% of our internet’s bandwidth, so you can get internet speed acceleration to 20%!
Feel free to follow these guidance to force Windows using 100% bandwidth we have:
– Click on Start -> Run -> type on gpedit.msc
– Select Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Network -> QoS Packet Scheduler
– Double click on Limit Reservable Bandwidth
– Select on Enable menu then fill in the bandwidth limit with 0 value.
– Click on apply and restart your computer.
2. Trick to accelerate internet connection by tweak registry.
This way has similar function with previous way, which is forcing Windows to use 100% bandwidth we have.
- Click on Start >> type on Regedit >> click on Enter - Access HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows - Right-click on folder Windows, select New >> Key. Name the key as “Psched”
– Right-click on PSched you’ve just created, select on New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value
– Name the value as NonBestEffortLimit
– Right click and select Modify
– Select Decimal and fill in data value with 0
– Click on OK and restart your computer.
3. Tips to accelerate internet connection by changing each port’s setting.
– click on Start -> My Computer -> right click and select properties
– Select Device Manager
– Select Port (COM & LPT)
– Double click each port, on Port Setting tab, change setting bits per second into 128000 and change its Flow Control into Hardware. Do in each port exist.
4. Trick to accelerate internet using OpenDNS
OpenDNS is a free Public DNS which has great performance. Changing your standard DNS with DNS provided by OpenDNS can accelerate your internet connection to 20% faster.
– Click on Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center -> Local Area Connection -> Properties
– Select Internet Protocol Version 4 -> properties
– Change DNS values into these:
Preferred DNS Server: 188.8.131.52
Alternate DNS Server: 184.108.40.206
– Click on OK
In addition of using DNS owed by OpenDNS, you can also use Google’s DNS
Preferred DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
Alternate DNS Server: 18.104.22.168
PS: DNS provided by OpenDNS is far faster than DNS owed by Google.
5. Way to accelerate internet by activate DNS Cache
When DNS Cache active, when we visit a site, computer will store the site’s cache. So when we visit the site in other time, we wouldn’t download the overall site content. It will surely make the process to open site faster.
The way to activate DNS Cache is:
– Copy this code in your notepad and store it using dnscache.reg name.
REGEDIT4 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dnscache\Parameters] "CacheHashTableBucketSize"=dword:00000001 "CacheHashTableSize"=dword:00000180 "MaxCacheEntryTtlLimit"=dword:0000fa00 "MaxSOACacheEntryTtlLimit"=dword:0000012d
– run dnscache.reg
6. Way to accelerate internet by cpipParameter tweaking
This tip suits you who used Broadband/DSL internet network
– Copy this code and then store it using cpip.reg name
REGEDIT4 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesT cpipParameters] “SackOpts” = dword: 00000001 “TcpWindowSize” = dword: 0005ae4c “Tcp1323Opts” = dword: 00000003 “DefaultTTL” = dword: 00000040 “EnablePMTUBHDetect” = dword: 00000000 “EnablePMTUDiscovery” = dword: 00000001 “GlobalMaxTcpWindowSize” = dword: 0005ae4c <pre> - Run <em>cpip.reg</em> <strong>7. Way to make internet connection faster for LAN connection users.</strong> If your computer is connected through LAN connection, it would be possible that your internet slowness caused by LAN connection speed you used. To make LAN connection faster, you can try these steps: <pre lang="text"> - klik Start >> Run >> ketik Regedit >> tekan Enter - Akses HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RemoteComputer\NameSpace - Hapus key (D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF)
8. Tip to accelerate internet connection by modifying .ini system file
– Backup file system.ini in C:/Windows/system.ini first
– After that, click on Start -> Run -> type on system.ini -> press enter
– Modify script existed with the script below
; for 16-bit app support [drivers] wave=mmdrv.dll timer=timer.drv [mci] [driver32] [386enh] woafont=dosapp.FON EGA80WOA.FON=EGA80WOA.FON EGA40WOA.FON=EGA40WOA.FON CGA80WOA.FON=CGA80WOA.FON CGA40WOA.FON=CGA40WOA.FON page buffer=100000kbps load=100000kbps download=100000kbps save=100000kbps back=100000kbps
– Click on File -> Save
9. Tip to accelerate internet by changing ServiceProvide priority
- Klik Start >> Run >> ketik Regedit >> tekan Enter - Akses HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\ServiceProvider - Ubah nilai key dibawah ini menjadi 1
1. Always try to do backup first before doing above tweaking tips. Backup process can be done by creating restore point through Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore
2. There are many sites suggest you to use fasterfox addon to accelerate internet connection when you do browsing with Firefox. I suggest you not to use Fasterfox addon since it has been inserted with popup commercial (adware).
I hope 9 Ways to Accelerate Internet Connection above can be useful for you. If you have other trick to accelerate internet connection, please share it through comment column below. Thank you.