Creating Bootable USB is an important thing to find out, especially for notebook owner. Why? Because most of notebooks don’t have CD/DVD Drive, so it will be easier for us to install operating system through USB. In this article, I provide you steps to create bootable flashdisk easily. You can use it to create bootable USB Windows 7 or other Windows versions.
Free Software we will use to create bootable USB this time is Rufus. There are some reasons make me choose Rufus to create bootable flashdisk :
1. Rufus is the lightest and fastest compared with similar software. Its file amount is also small, only about 400 KB.
2. It can be used easily to create bootable USB from bootable ISO file (Windows, Linux, etc)
3. It has various other functions such as low level utility, flash BIOS or another firmware.
How to create Bootable Flashdisk
PS: in the example below, I’ll show you how to create Windows 7 Bootable USB. You can suit it with your needs.
2. Make sure USB flashdisk has plugged in your computer, then run rufus_v1.1.3f.exe
3. Make sure you tick on “Create a Bootable Disk Using”. If you want to create Windows 7 or other versions bootable USB, use “ISO Images” as its source. After that, click on browse on its side (see the picture below for sure)
4. Select ISO file you wanted and click on “Open”.
5. Click on start to start creating bootable flashdisk.
It’s easy, isn’t it? By following steps to create bootable flashdisk above, you don’t have to master technical or special skill to create Bootable USB. Now you can also create bootable USB Windows 7, Windows XP, Vista, Linux or other operating system you wanted.
Rufus supports so many ISO files. You can create bootable flashdisk using ISO Arch Linux, Archbang, CentOS, Damn Small Linux, Fedora, FreeDOS, Gentoo, gNewSense, Hiren’s Boot CD, Knoppix, Kubuntu, NT Password Registry Editor, OpenSUSE, Slackware, Tails, Ubuntu, Ultimate Boot CD, Windows 7, Windows 8 Developer Preview, Windows Vista, and other files.
I hope tip to create bootable flashdisk using Rufus above will be useful for you. Do you have another fast and easy technique? Feel free to share it in comment column of Spyontech.