Do you use Mozilla Firefox for your daily browsing? Playing flash-games, watching video streaming, online Facebook, Twitter, google plus, online banking and others. If you did those things often, then it would be better for you to pay attention this SOT’s article. This time SOT will discuss about the origin of Add-ons, Extensions and Plugins in Mozilla Firefox, what are the advantages, how to add, or how to remove it?
Add-ons, Extensions and Plugins Usage in Firefox
If you often watch video streaming, playing flash game, reading PDF file online in Mozilla Firefox. Then surely they’re all supported by Plugins. For example you do streaming video in YouTube, you’ll need Shockwave Flash or RealPlayer or reading PDF file online, it means you need Adobe Acrobat plugins. While for Add-Ons, you can add any Add-Ons for your Firefox with various usage. For example you use Rainbow Add-ons as web colorizing if you’re a web developer. To watch all Plugins and Add-ons you’ve installed, you can see them in Tools -> Add-ons -> Plugins.
How to install Add-ons, Extensions and Plugins to Firefox
In order to install Plugins and Add-ons, you’d just have to click on Tools -> Add-ons -> Get Add-ons. You’ll get various Add-ons, Extensions and Plugins you can install by various usage and functions. If you already find Add-ons, Extensions or Plugins you wanted to install, click on Add to Firefox.
How to Turn off Add-ons, Extensions and Plugins in Firefox
It’s so simple to do this, just like the way explained above. You just need to click on Tools -> Add-ons select Extensions or Plugins. After finding the Extension or Plugins you will turn off, click on Disbale on the right side of your Extensions or Plugins.
How to Update Plugins in Firefox
Commonly, when you’re not updating plugins needed by Firefox, then you’ll have a small trouble, perhaps Shockwave Flash, when you don’t update it, you won’t be able to play Flash things when you used Firefox. If you don’t want this to be happened, what you should do is updating it! Just by one click. You just have to go to Tools -> Add-ons -> Plugins menu then click on “Check to see if your plugins are up to date“.
How to Update Extensions in Firefox
Firefox recently often doing update, and when that’s happened, commonly there’s always an Extensions cannot be used anymore. If you experienced this, then go update Extension you cannot use. To update it, you’d just have to go to Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions then click on Setting or click on gear image on the right side of Search column. The last, click on “Check for Updates”, then Firefox will quickly check the updateable Extensions.
How to Remove Extensions in Firefox
If you have many Extensions installed in Firefox, it can be slow, crash, even hang easily. That’s why, if you have so many Extensions you don’t use, it would be better for you to remove them. You just have to click on Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions and select Remove in Extensions you don’t use.
How to Erase Plugins in Firefox
Just like Extensions above, if you have too many plugins, your browser can be slow, hang or crashed. If you want to erase plugins in Firefox, it’s a bit different with Extensions. Follow the steps below:
1. In your url bar, type about:config and then click on enter.
2. After that, there will be a warning appeared, click on I’ll be careful, I promise!.
3. There will be so many orders which might confuse you, but don’t bother it and type again plugin.expose_full_path in Search column.
4. Change value from plugin.expose_full_path into true, you can do it by double clicking on plugin.expose_full_path.
5. After that, open about:plugins in the new url bar.
6. There will be many Plugins appeared there, to remove them, you’ll just have to see plugins file location existed, after that, remove them manually.
7. For example, here SOT will remove VLC Web Plugins, then SOT will search it as the address stated there and erase the plugins via Windows Explorer.
8. After removing those Plugins, open about:config in url bar and change value from plugin.expose_full_path into false.
I hope this SOT article will help SOT’s friends to take care of your Mozilla browser :), if you have other tips and tricks, please leave them on comment column below.