The logo design from the famous brand is usually selected from the logo contest, which is the best one that gathers the value and creativity to promote corporate & service. In these logo contests, the famous brand prefers to choose word mark or letter mark logos as their company logos, because it is the simplest, just pure text or character based logo; but it is enough to symbol their identity.
Let’s view the word mark/letter mark from famous brand:
Although these logo designs seem like simple, they are unique in font style, logo layout and color matching. Next, I will take “IBM” logo for example to reproduce the logo design steps for famous brand.
First, I will choose the easy-to-use Sothink Logo Maker to start my logo design.
Step one: Add text object and set it
1. Create a blank document, check “Add Text” button to input “IBM”; select this text object, and set text settings and customize color for text object like below images.
The logo is as follow:
2. Drag the edit box to adjust its size, which makes width as 182 and height as 134, you can view its size in bottom right corner on the status bar.
Step two: Add image object and set it
1. Set canvas background as “grey”.
2. Drag “square” from resource library to canvas; and resize its width as 4 pixels.
View resource size:
3. Set color as white for this image object; duplicate image object to get seven stripes; and put these stripes on the text objects
4. Re-set canvas background as “white”.
Step three: Add effect for text object
1. Select “IBM” text object; and enter the effects panel, apply reflection effect to the text object, you will see the logo like below “IBM”.
Watch this reproduce logo design steps video below:
A famous brand IBM logo is finished after 3-step completion; you can use a practical logo maker to design other classic logos using different view and creative idea. Hope this method can give you more inspirations to design remarkable logos.