Few days ago I wrote several benefits of backing up a fresh Windows 7 Installation. I recommend you to do 5 steps below before you decide to backup your fresh Windows 7 installation:
1. Make sure you have activated your Windows 7. To activate your Windows 7, go to Start -> Control Panel -> System and Security -> System then scrolls down to the bottom of the window. You will find a menu to activate your Windows 7.
2. Run Windows Update to make sure you have the latest patches and updates on your Windows 7. This updates process may ask you to restart your PC several times. Windows update menu is located on the Start Menu of Windows 7.
3. Install security software (Antivirus and anti malware) to ensure your computer on a top-notch security protection.
4. Install only software that will definitely use regularly. I myself always install Microsoft Office, PDF reader, Winamp Media Player, GOM Video Player, WinRar, and other software that I used often. Avoid installing shareware, trial version software, or any software that you rarely or might not use at all.
5. Personalize and modify Windows 7 settings to your preferences. I will discuss more details about this topic on my next post.
After you’re done those 5 steps above. It’s time for you to start backing up your Windows 7. When something bad happens with the system in the future, you can restore it to the exact same state when they were backed up.
Enjoyed this article? Subscribe to get more updates!