Do you use Windows 7? Are you bored with default looks of logon screen? There’s a software once SOT shared to change logon screen display, which is Logon Screen Tweaker. It looks easy though, but if you want the difficult one, you can change it via registry. This time SOT will give you tutorial to change your logon screen background using registry without any software.
Don’t think that it would be hard for you since SOT will tell you step by step so you won’t get lost. Just follow the steps below:
1. The image location of Logon is C:\Windows\System32\oobe\, here you’ll find background.bmp file sized 1024×768 pixel. Actually you can also use image with .jpeg, .jpg and .bmp format, but by the same size. But it’s not easy to change the logon image, not just by replacing and renaming the image, you should also use registry first.
2. Open Start Menu and type “regedit” first.
3. after that, open: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Background.
4. Then if there’s a file named OEMBackground appeared, set value 1, you can double-click the file to do the function.
5. or if there’s no file named OEMBackground you can create it by yourself by right-click on New>DWORD (32-bit) Value.
6. Then open oobe folder, then create new folder there named info.
7. Inside info folder, there’s backgrounds folder.
8. Inside the backgrounds folder, there’s wallpaper file named: backgrounddefault with jpeg, jpg or bmp format and 1024 x 768 pixels size.
9. Now you can try it by switch user or lock.