Are you Windows 7 user who has problem with slow running process in startup? This time SpyOnTech will share tips or ways to accelerate Windows 7 startup which is easy to be done. More than you expect, SpyOnTech will give you 10 ways to accelerate Windows 7 startup for you who already get annoyed by your Windows 7 slow startup. It’s so annoying when we’re in a hurry to work an assignment, but the computer runs real slow. So, you can read these SpyOnTech tips:
Way 1# – Turn Search Index off
Most of Windows 7 user could search fast via Start Menu or Windows Explorer, thanks to the search index. But do you know, when you’re using this search index, computer will take quite huge memory and do background process. Turning search index off is so easy. Here’s the way:
1. First, open Windows Explorer, then right click on Computer and select Manage.
2. Then click on Services and Applications and select Service.
3. Then find and double click on Windows Search in Window Service.
4. In Startup type on General tab, select Disabled. Finally, click on Apply and OK.
Way 2# – Turn Aero Theme off
1. Right click on desktop and select Personalization.
2. Then click on Color below Personalization window.
3. Untick on Enable transparency. Then click on Save Change.
Way 3# – Select the demanded performance
1. Right click on Computer and select Properties.
2. Then click on Advanced System Setting from left sidebar System Properties window.
3. After that, click on Advanced tab and in Performace menu, click on Settings..
4. Then in Visual Effects tab, select the performance you demanded.
Way 4# – Turn Software which running in Startup
1. Click on Start Menu and type on msconfig and click on Enter.
2. After System Configuration window displayed, click on Startup tab and untick software you don’t need when the computer on. Don’t forget to click on Apply and OK, then the computer will restart.
Way 5# – Turn Sound System off
1. Right click on sound icon on Taskbar, then select Sound.
2. After that, in Sound Scheme select No Sounds and click on Apply and OK.
Way 6# – Turn User Account Control off
1. Open Control Panel and search for User Accounts and Family Safety. Click on User Accounts.
2. Then click on Change User Account Control settings and Drag slider below until it comes to Never notify.
Way 7# – Removing Thumbnail in Folder
1. First of all, open Windows Explorer and click on Organize and select Folder and search options.
2. After Folder and Search Options window is opened, tick on Always show icons, never thumbnails which means it wouldn’t display thumbnail in folder. Finally, click on Apply and OK.
Way 8# – Reducing Windows Features
1. Click on Start Menu and type on Windows Features, then press Enter.
2. Untick the Windows features you don’t need and click on OK.
Way 9# – Do Defragment
1. Open Windows Explorer, then right click on one drive in your computer and select properties.
2. After that, Window Drive will be displayed (it can be local disk C, D, or E depend on our previous choice) Properties, then click on Optimize.
3. Then select one of the drive and click on Defragment disk.
Way 10# – Change your common Hard disk by using SSD
SSD is the latest technology from hard disk. The advantage is, SSD is faster to be accessed than common hard disk, save energy, anti-shock and it has no sound in its operation.
Those are some tips which would be able to accelerate your Windows 7 startup. For you who still unclear or if you want to share some of your knowledge to accelerate Windows 7 startup, you can send the ways via SpyOnTech’s Twitter or Facebook.