If you want your computer to look different, exchanging shortcut and folder icons can be the easiest solution. Beside setting off the display and make it looked different, exchanging icon can be used as your computer personalization. If you love sport, you can change your windows icon with sport theme icon. In this article, I’ll show you how to exchange shortcut and folder icons in your computer easier.
Previously, I have shared Windows 8 logo and icon with metro style, logo, and icon theme, and I would consider it as example in this tutorial.
How to change shortcut icon
1. Right-click on shortcut you want to exchange its icon, then click on properties.
2. In Shortcut tab, click on Change Icon
3. Click on browse and search folder where your new icon located.
4. Select the icon you wanted and click on open
How to exchange folder icon
1. Right click on folder you want to exchange the icon, then click on properties
2. In tab customize, click on Change Icon
3. Click on browse and search for icon you want to use.
4. Click on icon and click on open.
How to change desktop icon
This desktop Icon is a bit different with shortcut icon and folder icon. What included into desktop icons are Recycle Bin, Network, Computer, Control Panel, and User’s Files. How to change desktop icon are:
1. Right click on the empty desktop part, click on Personalize
2. Click on Change desktop icons and select desktop icon you want to be exchanged.
It’s easy, isn’t it? Now you can change your own computer icon. I hope it would be useful.