After previous day SOT wrote about how to install Ubuntu 12.10 in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, now it’s time for SOT to give manual how to install Ubuntu 12.10 in Windows VirtualBox. By such way, you can taste Ubuntu 12.10 in Windows operating system easily. Using Ubuntu in VirtualBox is suitable for you who just curious and want to try this operating system.
To avoid waiting too long, SOT will directly give step by step installing Ubuntu 12.10 in Windows VirtualBox.
1. Make sure in your Windows there has been the latest version of VirtualBox installed. If it’s not yet, feel free to download it for free from this link:
make sure you already download Ubuntu 12.10 too
2. Open VirtualBox, and click on New and insert detail. For type, fill in Linux, and for Version fill in Ubuntu.
3. manage RAM you allocated for Ubuntu. Try not to put more than half-of your computer’s RAM.
4. make virtual hard disk as allocation you wanted.
5. Select Ubuntu and click on Start to start.
6. you can use Ubuntu 12.10 DVD or just using its ISO file. Here SOT uses ISo Ubuntu 12.10 file.
7. do installation process for Ubuntu 12.10.
8. if there’s an order “Please remove installation media..” press enter if you use ISO file. If you use DVD, put out the DVD first, then after that press Enter.
9. Install VirtualBox Guest Additions by clicking on Devices > Install Guest Additions.
10. Ubuntu Terminal will be opened, press enter when installation process is already finished.
11. Restart Ubuntu and that OS is ready to use.
It’s easy, isn’t it? Moreover SOT has explained all of process with detail image. After it is installed, make sure you do 12 things you better do after installing Ubuntu 12.10. Enjoy trying :D