A good question to be asked before I continue this article is: Why do we need Hard Disk cloning? What’s the benefit and usage? This case study probabley would be able to explain about benefit we received from Hard Disk cloning:
Our computer hard disk has small capacity. We want to upgrade to larger capacity hard disk. Unfortunately, in the hard disk, there has been installed Windows, software, application, and still many more. It would be so tiring and waste time if we install them all from the beginning. What we can do to save time and productivity is by cloning our old hard disk to the new one. Files, Windows, Software, applications, also various setting can be used directly without bothering us.
By great benefit of HDD cloning, today I will give you a free and legal Hard disk clone software: XXClone! What is XXClone?
XXClone is a freeware made to make you easier in doing hard disk cloning. Its function is similar with Norton Ghost software.
Actually, XXClone Free is a free version of XXClone Home and XXClone Pro. However, XXClone Free feature can be used directly to clone hard disk fast and easy. How to clone hard disk using XXClone Free?
1. Download the latest version of XXClone Free
2. Install and run XXClone Free
3. Make sure both hard disk : source hard disk and Target hard disk has been plugged in your computer.
4. When XXClone is run for the first time, there would be a display to select Source Volume and Target Volume. Select as you wanted and then click on “Start”. Click on Yes when confirmation popup is appeared. Wait until it finished.
5. If in this case you clone hard disk contained operating system, so you have to make the Clone Drive bootable. To do it, you just have to click on “Cool Tools” tab and click on “Make Bootable” button.
6. When there’s pop up appeared, tick on all three of Boot Control : Write MBR, Write Boot Sector, and Write BOOT.INI. Then click on Start. Whent there is confirmation appeared, click on Yes.
7. Your Hard disk has been cloned, click on Exit.
Now you have done hard disk clone easily. The hard disk clone is ready to be used in your computer.
How about that? It’s easy, isn’t it?
Unfortunately, there are some software which should be installed again after hard disk cloning process, such as Microsoft Office and some other software.
If you have any question related with hard disk clone, feel free to ask it in this comment column. I hope it will be beneficial for you.