Not like previous Windows version which was always used for desktop. Microsoft recently also made Windows 8 as operating system for tablet. However, it cannot be denied that to run Windows 8, it needs huge resource. It made vendors which made Windows 8 tablets attached high-performance specification into their tablets.
Let’s take one Windows 8 tablet which will be released on the next October 26th, Acer Iconia W700. This Windows 8 Tablet has high performance, not far difference with desktop or laptop today.
See its specification:
- Intel Core i5-3317U 1.7GHz Processor w/Turbo Boost up to 2.6 GHz
- 11.6″ 1920 x 1080 resolution LED backlit TFT LCD display w/ 10-point multi-touch screen
- 4GB of DDR3 RAM
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 w/128MB RAM
- 128GB SSD
- 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0
- 5MP, 1080p rear-facing camera
- 1280×1024, 720p front-facing camera
- 1 USB 3.0, 1 Micro-HDMI, 1 3.5mm headphone/mic jack
- Up to 9 hours battery life
- 17″ (L) x 3.28″ (W) x 9.25″ (H), 2.09 lbs
It’s crazy for tablet, isn’t it?
Specification above probably would be higher than desktop computer we used today.
By such “hardcore” spec, Acer Iconia W700 could do anything which done by laptop and PC. It is different with most tablet today (Android dan iOS) which is still limited and minimum spec. Moreover, Windows operating system which surely have bigger functionality compared with Android and iOS.
When it is connected to its keyboard, Windows 8 tablet is not far difference with laptop or ultrabook. By such function and specification, Windows 8 tablet is quite similar with ultrabook which has separated keyboard. SOT prefer to call it as…
According to you, is it a tablet, ultrabook, or laptop?