Notepad, you surely know already the function of this Windows default text editor. Notepad is the most-used text editor to write light note. Since it appeared first in 1985 until now, Notepad almost never have a change or new additional feature. If you want to use text editor with more features, SOT will discuss about five text editors which you can use as Notepad replacement.
This Text editor probably the same with Notepad, the advantage of this Notepad++ is, in addition of its function of text editor, this software is able to recognize about 50 programming language.
Here is Notepad++ features
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- There is syntax Highlight which will make you easier to differ one part with other part
- Make user easier to define Syntax Highlight.
- Perl Compatible Regular Expression
- Zoom In and Zoom Out
- Multi language
- WYSIWYG, produce what you see.
- Multi Document
- Detect file status auto
- Support for searching process or regular expression exchange.
- Drag and Drop facility
- Multi View
2. Notepad 2
This Software is rarely used to edit code or programming language. This PSPad also supports for other programming language like C++, Cobol, MS-DOS Batch, CSS, Forth, Fortran, FoxPro, HTML, XHTML, Pascal and there are still other 120 languages.
Here is PSPad features
- Able to work with some documents at once
- FTP client, edit directly from web
- Macro recorder to record and store
- It’s able to correct automatic code.
- Calling external program for different language
- Formatting and compressing HTML codes.
4. NoteTab Light
NoteTab Light is designed to be reliable and powerful HTML editor application media. NoteTab Light works fast which is able to finish the accumulation of large files, the designed appearance is so simple. Text format, size, and text type can be managed proportionally.
Some NoteTab Light features
- Easy to be used, reliable, fast, and very flexible.
- Navigating and editing document in many amount at once, even large files.
- Correct and spell by using 13 available dictionaries.
- Calculating math result and fill it into editor tab.
- Easier to access micro function and text bilerplate
- Support DOS, MAC, UNIX, ANSI, ASCII, UNICODE, and EBCDIC formats
- Add custom command which cannot be used to study and also have complete code language feature.
Download NoteTab Light
5. EditPad Lite
This Software has more advantages than Notepad, you can run EditPad Lite in Windows NT4, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
Some EditPad Lite features
- Make you easily shift from one file to another by using some tab menu
- Unlimited undo and redo.
- EditPad Lite will display icon in system tray, so you can see it even if this software is closed.
- Provides some setting about good life-style format
- Back up file automatically.
Download EditPad Lite
From those five text editors above, which one do you prefer? Or you will be still loyal using Notepad? Or the clear thing is, you can opt any other text editor as you need.