If you want to transfer files from your computer to server or from one host to another, you could use FTP client software. FTP (File Transfer Protocol) is a standard network protocol used to exchanging files over TCP-based network such as internet. There are several FTP client software out there, from free FTP client software into paid one.
FileZilla is one of the best Free FTP client software which can help you to transfer files from your computer to a server or from one host to another. You can upload and download files over the internet easily for free.
I also use FileZilla as my FTP client software to transfer files between my computer and my hosting server when creating new sites. As a free FTP client software, FileZilla has awesome features which not worse than other paid FTP client software. These are several main features of FileZilla:
1. FileZilla is very easy to use. It has a user friendly interface with 3 main panel. Left panel is local site panel and the right side is remote site panel. The bottom side is process status which told you about the upload or download progress.
2. FileZilla supports FTP, FTPS (FTP over SSL/TLS), and SFTP (SSH file transfer protocol)
3. FileZilla is cross platform FTP client software which runs on Windows, Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and more.
4. FileZilla support IPv6.
5. There are many languages available for FileZilla.
6. You could resume a transfer files even it’s a large file with more than 4GB in size.
7. FileZilla has tabbed user interface and support drag and drop feature.
8. With FileZilla, you could search and edit files on the remote site.
And there still other powerful features which you could read completely here.
There are two versions of FileZilla: FileZilla Client and FileZilla server. FileZilla Client supports all operating system platforms but FileZilla server only support for Windows OS.
You could download FileZilla Client for free from this link below:
And FileZilla Server could be downloaded from this link below:
For me, FileZilla features is more than enough to transfer files between my computer and remote computer over the internet. I don’t need to buy paid FTP client software such as SmartFTP which sold for $36.95 each license. Sometimes, Free doesn’t means Worse, isn’t it?