If you want to know the details of your computer information, maybe your hardware details, software details or even your computer network details, SIW is one of the best software you could use for free. There are 2 version of SIW, Installer version and Portable version. Both of them has the same function and features. I prefer to use SIW portable version because I can use it directly with no installation needed.
SIW or System Information for Windows will analyzes your computer and gathers all detailed information including:
1. Software information: Operating system, installed software, processes, services, software license, open files, system uptime and even password recovery.
2. Hardware Information: All information about your motherboard, CPU, sensors, BIOS, chipset, PCI/AGP, USB, ISA/PnP devices, memory, video card, monitor, Disk Drive, CD/DVD drive, ports, etc.
3. Network Information: All detailed information about your network cards, network shares, open ports, and active network connections.
4. Real-time Monitors: CPU, Memory, Page File usage, and also network traffic.
Beside gathered the details of your computer information, SIW also built in with few of useful tools, such as:
1. Network Tools: Mac Address Changer, neighborhood scan, ping, trace and statistics.
2. Miscellaneous Tools: Monitor test, shutdown/restart tools and also Eureka to reveal lost passwords hidden behind asteriks.
SIW could be used in Windows based computer and support Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows NT4, Windows Server 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows SBS 2011 Media Center, Tablet PC, WinRE, BartPE, and Winternals ERD Commander.
You can download System Information for Windows (SIW) directly from this link below:
SIW Installer Version
SIW Portable Version
Curious about how’s SIW in action? Watch this System Information for Windows video below:
If you enjoy this article, Subscribe to get more updates!