For you who working on school assignment, college, or other assignments, and you have to access Wikipedia often, but you don’t have internet connection, SOT sure this article will be useful for you. In this article, SOT will teach you how to create an Offline Wikipedia and access it without Internet, so you’ll just have to download it once (you can do it from Internet Café, hotspot, etc) then accessing Wikipedia in home again and again without internet connection. Interesting, isn’t it?
Without any longer explanation, let’s follow this manual to create Offline version Wikipedia in your computer.
1. Download Wikipedia database from this link:
English Wikipedia Database
2. Find file which is ended with spages-articles.xml.bz2
3. Download WikiTaxi installer here:
4. Extract WikiTaxi_1.3.0.zip then run WikiTaxi_importer.exe
5. Browse wikipedia database you’ve downloaded, select also folder where you want to store your WikiTaxi database, then click on Import Now!
6. After database import process is over, open WikiTaxi.exe and click on database name you’ve just imported.
7. Offline version Wikipedia is ready to be used. Try to search information you want to search for.
Great, isn’t it? Now you have your own Wikipedia in your computer. You can access it eventhough you’re not connected with the internet
If you want the information to be up to date, SOT suggest you to download Wikipedia database and change it, at least once a month.