Are you a programmer? Or someone who like to play with programming language coding? If yes, this Notepad++ software could be used as replacement of default Notepad from your Windows computer.
As we knew, all windows operating system has installed with notepad, editor text software is also used often to edit coding line by some programmers. But, for you who wanted feature that more than just text editor, you can install Notepad++, a code editor software which also free with feature optimized for programmer or person who like to play with coding.
Before you decide to install Notepad++ or still use Notepad, it would be good for you to find out what is the basic difference between Notepad and Notepad++:
1. If Notepad is text editor so Notepad++ is code editor.
3. Notepad doesn’t support Compiler Integration while Notepad++ has Compiler Integration.
4. Notepad doesn’t support code folding while Notepad++ has supported code folding.
5. Notepad doesn’t have spell checking feature while Notepad++ has equipped with spell checking.
6. Notepad doesn’t support text folding while Notepad++ supports text folding.
7. Notepad doesn’t support Auto completion while Notepad++ supports Auto completion.
8. Notepad doesn’t support Auto Indentation while Notepadd++ supports Auto Indentation.
9. Notepad doesn’t support Bracket Matching while Notepad++ supports bracket matching.
From the features can be found that Notepad++ is optimized to make programmer or coder easier in editing code line.
For you who has interest to use Notepad++, please follow this guidance to download it.
1. Visit this site:
2. Click on link “Download the current version” to download the latest version of Notepad ++ (this time, version 5.9)
3. Download notepad++ as format you wanted (exe, zip, 7z, dll)
4. Install Notepad++
What should I use, Notepad or Notepad++?
When this question come in your mind, the answer is depend on your needs. If you are not programmer or coder who need those features, there would be good if you still use original Notepad from Windows. For someone who is not programmer or coder, using Notepad++ seemed more difficult and confusing since there are additional features.
But if you need that feature, especially syntax highlighting feature for some language program mentioned previously, Notepad++ will make you easier in editing all existing code line.