Driver is an important computer component since computer performance wouldn’t be optimal without suitable driver. Although computer/laptop’s driver used to include in a CD, we often do online update to renew it, that’s why it’s important for us to backup the existing driver.
If we have driver in application form (installer), we might not need more backup, since if there’s a problem and need re-installing, we can directly install the driver. Problem happens when driver placed is an automatic update or installation from internet (online), just like through windows update. It happens many time, especially for laptop (notebook) or netbook user.
DriverBackup! Is a program to backup and restore windows driver. In addition of small (in zip only 445 KB), this application is also portable, so it doesn’t need install. Its feature is almost similar with double driver, included some additional facilities, here’s the complete version:
1. Backup and restore windows drivers
2. Backup driver from hardisk or external memory contained windows operating system
3. Detecting unknown device
4. Including command line option and integration with command line builder
5. Compatible with 64bit system
6. Automatically producing autorun file to restore driver
7. Portable, it doesn’t need installation
How to Use DriverBackup
Previously, please download driverbackup from the link below this article (you can select zip or rar). Next, open it with compression software such as 7zip, WinRar, Winzip and extract all of its content. Then open the result, example, folder DrvBK_21_Rev5 and run DrvBK.exe file to start using.
When it run, this application will automatically do scan on drivers placed in computer. After it finished, there are some menu available with explanation and usage as:
Below the main menu, there’s Select Mode, with three menus:
1. Backup (to backup driver)
2. Restore (restore driver from back up data), here we can select as many as we want.
3. Backup from offline system, to do backup from media, such as external hard disk or other computer hard disk placed in our computer, which inside it there’s an operating system (Windows NT/2000/Xp/Vista/7). To do it, click and fill in windows folder location in column appeared, such as: G:\Windows
Below select mode Menu, there are five buttons with explanation as:
1. All, to backup all driver (including windows default program)
2. OEM, displays what used Microsoft driver
3. Third parts, displays third party driver. And this is what we need to back up
4. Digital signature, displays driver included digital signature (WHQL)
5. Full portability, displays compatible driver with backup and restore
After we select option we want to backup, click on “Start backup” button, next there would be an option to select backup location ( click on browse ), description/explanation, file name, date and others. After that, click on Start Backup button to start backup.
In addition for backup, this application can also be used to restore backup driver. Select or click on Restore menu, and from below button, click on Open Backup File to open our backup driver. Next, we can select which driver to backup by click on Restore.